News & Events
Just drop us an email or give us a call. We provide trial versions in no time!
Fixed Mobile Convergence Client
Seamless Converged Mobile Extension
The number of WiFi covered areas are growing constantly everywhere. Hotel lobbies, cafe's, corporate offices, home networks or malls just to name a few. Using these WiFi areas for mobile VoIP calls is the abvious next best thing and it works well. But what happens if you need to move out of the coverage area during an important VoIP call? You loose that call right? Well, not with fg's FMC client solution.
The fg FMC client monitors the WiFi signal strength in the background and hands over the current call to the cellular network before your device looses IP connectivity. Once you move back into any WiFi coverage area that same call is handed back to the VoIP network seamlessly. You won't even notice it. The entire process is totally independant of both the mobile operators network and the WiFi connection being used.
How does it work?
fg's FMC solution has been designed for enterprise and corporate usage. It's a "Over-the-Top" system and therefor fully independant of the mobile network operator. The required components are:
- fg FMC client application
- a 3gpp VCC (Voice Call Continuity) compliant server
- a SIP capable corporate PBX
Fully transparent- Dial from any application including phone book, sms messages, dial screen etc. ...
- No need to bring up the FMC client for dialling
Single number reach- All calls to office extension are routed to your mobile phone
- All outgoing calls are presented with office extension even when calling via GSM
Cost saving- While in WiFi coverage area, all calls are made using your corporate PBX
- Calls to corporate extensions over WiFi are internal free calls no matter where you are
- Cellular calls made and received while travelling are routed via office PBX (no roaming charges)
Seamless mid-call handovers- Calls are seamlessly handed over between WiFi and Cellular networks
Bulk provisioning- Support for OMA DM bulk-provisioning and configuration
©2009 fg microtec GmbH All Rights Reserved